If you are looking to do some shopping while in Edmonton, here is a list of the five best places to shop in the city:
- Old Strathcona - This bustling historic district has an exciting selection of eclectic stores, ranging from fine wine to home décor. The quaint cafes and beautiful heritage buildings in this area are sure to charm you. On Saturdays, you can also browse through the foodstuffs at the Old Strathcona Farmers Market, housed in a 19th century Edwardian building.
- Whyte Avenue – You’ll find this a great place to shop for clothing. They are many popular retailers as well as independent clothing stores that cater to alternative lifestyles, ranging from hippie to raver to goth.
- City Market – If you are looking for locally produced stuff, then check out the City Market. Located on 104th Street, this vibrant farmer’s market offers great souvenirs like original handicrafts, pottery, handcrafted jewellery, home décor, specialty foods and much more.
- West Edmonton Mall – If you like large, then you’ll like this. The West Edmonton Mall is the largest shopping mall in North America and the sixth largest in the world. You’ll need to spend at least two days to explore its 800 stores, 100 restaurants, amusement park, water park, ice rink, hotel and other facilities.
- South Edmonton Common – If you enjoy shopping big-box style, then this retail centre is made for you. It includes a number of strip malls, superstores, theatres and enticing restaurants. You’ll find everything here, from large brand-name clothing stores to home décor centres.