Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sports Infrastructure Scheme - India


Sports infrastructure is always required to enable sports persons to practice their respective sport, and achieve excellence at it. With this point in mind, the Government launched the Sports Infrastructure Scheme, which is also known as the 'Scheme Related To Sports Infrastructure'. This scheme aims at providing grants to schools, universities and colleges; for developing high quality sports infrastructure to train sports persons.

Features of the Sports Infrastructure Scheme in India

Under the Sports Infrastructure Scheme, the government grants financial aid of up to 75 per cent of the total cost incurred on a sports infrastructure project, with the other 25 per cent assistance being provided by State or Union Governments. The scheme also provides assistance to the Association of Indian Universities, on a decided pattern, for inter- university tournaments, coaching and training camps. These grants enable sports persons to avail of advanced training in different sports, at affordable rates.

According to the Sports Infrastructure Scheme, grants are also given to the Sports Authority of India (SAI) for awarding monthly scholarships to talented sports persons, belonging to local colleges and universities. Under this scheme, Sports Federations are also given financial assistance for organizing national championships, and coaching camps for preparing teams to participate in international tournaments. Apart from this, grants are also given to rural schools for purchasing sports equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you. Please post a comment below to let us know what you think!