- Do NOT pack or bring prohibited items to the airport. Read the list of Permitted and Prohibited Items.
- Refrain from carrying unverified gifts or presents as a wrapped package. If the package sends out an alarm, the screener will need to unwrap it to investigate the source of the alarm.
- Shoes, clothing items and other accessories that contain metal will sound an alarm through the metal detector. As a result the screener will require you to undergo further checks. This may include pat down frisking.
- Carry-on baggage is limited to one carry-on bag plus one personal item. Personal items include laptops, purses, small backpacks, briefcases, or camera cases.
- Place identification tags on all your baggage. Don't forget to label your laptop computer. These are one of the most forgotten items at screening checkpoints.
- Another important tip in our list of airport safety and security tips is to keep your laptop bag safely in your sight as it may get snatched in the airport by thugs. These robbers enter the airport specifically for the purpose of stealing laptops and other carry on baggage.
- Refrain from packing valuable items in your checked baggage. Once you hand your baggage to your air carrier, security staff of the air carrier will handle and process the baggage in the prescribed manner. Please keep in mind that most air carriers have limited liability for lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- Declare firearms and ammunition to your airline and place it in your checked/ registered baggage.
- Carry all metal items in your carry-on bag. This includes jewellery, loose change, keys, mobile phones, pagers and personal data assistants (PDAs).
- Another of the airport safety and security tips is to take your laptop and video camera out of their case and place them in the tray provided at the security checkpoint.
- Place your overcoat or jacket in the tray at the security checkpoint. Suit jackets and blazers need not be removed, unless requested by the screener.
- Do not leave your baggage unattended.
- One more of the airport safety and security tips in India is to not accept baggage from strangers. This baggage may contain prohibited items or dangerous goods for which you may be later caught and prosecuted.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Airport Safety and Security Tips
Here are some helpful airport safety and security that you should keep in mind while traveling in India -
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
We'd love to hear from you. Please post a comment below to let us know what you think!